Monday, July 22, 2013

VERY IMPORTANT INFORMATION

So Charlotte has these "First Word" flashcards, and she's really into them right now. So I'm always trying to come up with new things to tell her about red wagons, turtles and pants. But I started to notice that whenever it came to the lion card, I could never remember if the phrase was "king of the jungle" or "king of the forest". So I looked it up, and it turns out people say both, but neither is accurate.

Lions are NOT king of the jungle or the forest. You may be interested in knowing that lions live only in Africa and Central India on prairies and grasslands. Tigers, on the other hand live almost exclusively in Asian jungles, with a few stragglers in Eastern Russia. (I once saw a horrifyingly tragic video of a mother and baby white tiger being hunted, kind of, for their fur in Russia, and have gone in and out of wanting to do something career-wise in the protection of these beasts).

But here's the kicker - were a lion and tiger ever to meet up, the lion would not stand a chance. No competition. It's all a facade. The tiger would absolutely kill the lion.

So in the jungle, the mighty jungle, the lion doesn't sleep tonight? No lions and tigers and bears, oh my? The lion is not actually the king of anything? Who made these things up? I'd like to see the management. But for now, tigers are my new favorite animal. Lions are nothing but a lot of fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment